Subject: [Leica] Dave's PAW (*) 2011 #4 (version 2)
From: ausdlk at gmail.com (David Keenan)
Date: Sat, 29 Jan 2011 16:02:01 -0600

Thanks to the several people that offered constructive feedback on last
week's PAW.

Mainly comments were about distracting elements in the background and how it
looked excessively grainy. I took these comments to heart and did some
additional work on the image file.

Some may still find it too grainy. As someone pointed out, this picture was
originally taken on ISO 400 color negative film, and it was underexposed by
around one f-stop or so. This increases "grain" and in the original image
this grain was (overly) enhanced by my final output sharpening step. In this
subsequent version I've taken steps to keep the graininess under control.

See a new (and hopefully improved) version of the picture
here<http://www.dlkphotography.com/displayimage.php?album=25&pos=0>
.

Thanks for looking.

(*) Picture A Week.