Subject: [Leica] M8 & 8.2 opinions
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Fri, 18 Feb 2011 20:25:50 -0600

On Fri, Feb 18, 2011 at 8:13 PM, Richard Endress <rendress at mac.com> wrote:

> Hi all,  I normally lurk on this list but now that I have the hots for a M8
> and can almost afford one.  What is this list's opinion of them?  Any
> serious problems other than the IR sensitivity?  Anyone have any problems
> with them in bad weather conditions?   r

I've had mine for four years and there is no problem with ir. You use
filters when you shoot color.  Just like you used yellow filter when you
shot black and white film in hazy conditions.

It is a camera with  electricity in it, but I have never taken mine into a
driving rain.  In moderate conditions, much like I would use my M6, it works
fine.

That is my experience.  Some other people have had some problems. Some other
people had problems loading their film  M6 cameras too.

Look at my old website http://www.sonc.com   and my new one
http://www.sonc.com/look   and you'll see lots of pictures.  Most of the
last four years were with the M8 but some in the past year were with an
Olympus. Maybe you can tell them apart by the IR problems.  ;-).

I take mine places without a backup camera. You'll love it

--
Regards,

Sonny
http://sonc.com/look/