Subject: [Leica] Apology (sort of)
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 07:37:50 -0600

On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 3:52 AM, Frank Dernie
<Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com>wrote:

> I don't know Tina,
> Of all the digital cameras I have used I have only needed spare batteries
> for my M8/M9. They do not last long being so small, presumably to package
> into such a small body. I bought a spare battery for my EOS 1Ds mk2 when I
> got it 6 years ago and have never needed it - those things are huge and
> heavy - like the camera - and last ages!
> I did buy some cheap batteries for the M8, and some still work, but none
> hold a charge as long as the branded one and a couple have died, one had
> bent contacts and did not fit easily. Eventually I bought a full price
> Leica
> one :-(
> FD

I could be happy with one Leica branded spare. for the M8. I may change once
a day, including chimping, editing and deleting.  When I use the HK ones, I
need to change three times a day.

With my Oly EP1, it is every three days.  Same for the Pentax SLRs  They sit
on the shelf for weeks and work.

When I go to Mardi Gras in 2 weeks, I will have two charged Leica branded
batteries, one I bought from Adorama, that I trust but doesn't meter right,
and my Oly and both batteries.   I may bring the M6 with a spare button
battery.  ;-)

--
Regards,

Sonny