Subject: [Leica] Apology (sort of)
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Wed, 23 Feb 2011 09:52:31 +0000

I don't know Tina,
Of all the digital cameras I have used I have only needed spare batteries
for my M8/M9. They do not last long being so small, presumably to package
into such a small body. I bought a spare battery for my EOS 1Ds mk2 when I
got it 6 years ago and have never needed it - those things are huge and
heavy - like the camera - and last ages!
I did buy some cheap batteries for the M8, and some still work, but none
hold a charge as long as the branded one and a couple have died, one had
bent contacts and did not fit easily. Eventually I bought a full price Leica
one :-(
FD