Subject: [Leica] The future of journalism
From: keith at wesselphoto.com (Keith Wessel)
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2011 21:12:44 -0600

Yes Ted,

There were at least three M8s sited at this event and I saw DAG and another
fellow with M6s a couple of weeks ago.  There were also tens of thousands of
Nikons and Cannons.  There were Cannon SLRs shooting videos attached to
gyros'.

It is a different world for dissemination of information.  I have never seen
one event so well documented.  Where the documents will go or whether they
will be seen is another question.  But, when a legislator was taken down by
the police trying to enter the capitol, there was someone there to shoot a
video.

Today there were hundreds of people with palm trees.  The palm tree became a
symbol for lies in the media.  FOX News, in an attempt to show these
demonstrations were violent showed footage of a violent interaction and
claimed the footage was from Madison.  Interestingly, that footage included
palm trees in the background.

Keith