Subject: [Leica] Developer trays
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2011 00:37:17 -0500

I used mainly the Jobo branded tray's that Larry Fink seems to have used.
They came in red, gray and white. The were the most solid well made and
efficient and the price was ok and they had them in the camera stores in
Portland. The design was changed after a decade and they required more
liquid.
All these appear to be 11x14 trays.
I had mine labeled like most everybody so I'd not use a developer tray for
stop bath next time but I stopped doing that. What I did is use  my dev
trays for fix sometimes and that would clear all the silver out. As I found
it would really get back on the print again.
Surprisingly after decades of having them labeled using a tray for fix which
had been used for dev. And visa versa the pervious week did no harm.  It
made for a self cleaning cycle. The stop tray I think I didn't use ever as a
dev tray.
11x4 were my basic trays I'd use them for 8x10s as well but  I had a set of
16x20 and 20x24 trays. As well as 8x10. I even had a set of 5x7 trays.
That's a lot of storage right now I think.

Mark William Rabiner
Photography
mark at rabinergroup.com
Cars:   http://tinyurl.com/2f7ptxb