Subject: [Leica] IMG: Threshing Wheat
From: images at comporium.net (Tina Manley)
Date: Tue, 8 Mar 2011 18:49:27 -0500

PESO:

In the late 1970's we were living in Iran.  I had a Minolta SRT101 that I
bought before we left the States.  I started out shooting both color and B&W
film, but the color slide film was bought from a camera store in downtown
Arak.  It was several years out of date and stored in the store's front
window in the bright, desert heat.  It was also developed in the same camera
store, probably using water from the jube (sewer) that runs through the
middle of town.  I was so disappointed with the results that I put the film
away and never looked at it again.  I continued using B&W and developing it
in the bathroom with chemicals that I ordered from Freestyle!

I recently got some of the old slides back out again and decided they might
be worth archiving, if nothing else.  They have a kind of pointillism that I
actually like.  Maybe it needs to be more abstract?  The actual film name is
not right because it was not listed, but it is Agfachrome of some kind.

http://www.pbase.com/image/133036443

Keep in mind that I have hundreds of these slides ;-)   It takes me about a
day to remove all of the dust and scratches.  Worth it or not?

Tina

Tina Manley, ASMP
www.tinamanley.com

Replies: Reply from billcpearce at cox.net (bill pearce) ([Leica] IMG: Threshing Wheat)