Subject: [Leica] Queen Elizabeth in town
From: cummer at netvigator.com (H&ECummer)
Date: Thu, 10 Mar 2011 14:50:01 +0800

Hi Luggers,
The new Cunard liner Queen Elizabeth was docked at the Ocean Terminal
in Tsim Sha Tsui today and I took some pictures as I rode across from
Central on the Star Ferry. Taken with the Panasonic GH2 and the 14 -
140 zoom and lightly processed in CS4.
A couple of them are in this folder:

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/Howard+Cummer/QE/

Some info on the ship:
Launched Oct 2010 by Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth
Country of Registry Great Britain
Speed 23.7 knots
Gross Tonnage 90,900 GRT
Guest Capacity 2,068
No. of Crew 996
Length  964.5 feet  (the Empire State Building is 1,250 feet tall
including the antenna that King Kong swings from)
Width 106 feet
Draft 25.9 feet

Tsim Sha Tsui was humming with the 2000 passengers from the Queen
competing with the Mainland tourists to see who could be fleeced the
fastest. :-0
I bought what I had to and got out of there.
C&C always welcome.
Cheers
Howard

Replies: Reply from jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj) ([Leica] Queen Elizabeth in town)