Subject: [Leica] Queen Elizabeth in town
From: cummer at netvigator.com (H&ECummer)
Date: Fri, 11 Mar 2011 10:30:51 +0800

Hi John,
The Queen Mary II is quite a bit bigger than the Queen Elizabeth and
is too big to dock at Ocean Terminal in HK - they are building a new
cruise terminal at the site of the old Kai Tak airport to take the big
ones like the QM II. Ship's details:
Entered Service 2004
Country of Registry Great Britain
Speed 28 knots
Gross Tonnage 151,400 GRT (Queen Elizabeth 90,900GRT)
Guest Capacity 2,620 (QE 2,068)
No. of Crew 1253 (QE 996)
Length 1,132 feet (QE 964.5 feet)
Width 131 feet (QE 106 feet)