Subject: [Leica] Ranthambhore Photos
From: jayanand at gmail.com (Jayanand Govindaraj)
Date: Sat, 12 Mar 2011 08:02:35 +0530

Steve, Ted

Thanks for looking.

Ted, we are always in a vehicle - it is forbidden to get down from the
vehicle in Indian reserves, as it is to go off the designated tracks. So
searching for tigers is literally like searching for a needle in a haystack.
The only way out is to have the best guide available - I tailor my trips
according to when one of two guides are free, and available to come
exclusively with me for a week.

Their numbers have stabilized somewhat, but are still woefully small - the
main causes being poaching, and poisoning by villagers around the park
taking revenge for loss of livestock.

Cheers
Jayanand