Subject: [Leica] Peter Cheyne, be safe!
From: geordiepete211 at yahoo.co.uk (Peter Cheyne)
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2011 22:08:56 +0900

Thank you ever so much for your messages of concern.  I was in Tokyo
for a conference.  I had to wait 8 hours at night for a taxi, hundreds
were queueing and all public transport and phones were down.

My daughter was with a friend, safe in Miyazaki.  we are at home
together again now, safe and sound.

I have some photos of Tokyo to post later that I too on Saturday and
today, showing people calm and going about daily life.  I wish it were
so for the more northerly prefectures.  A whole village in Sendai was
swept away and every one of the 10,000 residents is still officially
'missing'.

Peter Cheyne

Replies: Reply from richard at imagecraft.com (Richard Man) ([Leica] Peter Cheyne, be safe!)