Subject: [Leica] Peter Cheyne, be safe!
From: richard at imagecraft.com (Richard Man)
Date: Sun, 13 Mar 2011 10:09:42 -0700

I am glad to hear that you are OK.

A group of Japanese middle school students were supposed to arrive at Palo
Alto yesterday for the annual exchange and they canceled the trip after the
quake. They are from Tsichuira City in the Ibaraki Perfecture which got some
damage. A few parents who hosted students earlier got through to some of the
students from previous years. One of them said

We have no food, we have no electricity, but we are happy. We are happy that
we are alive.

Somber words. How much time we have on this Earth is not determined by
ourselves. Live to make it better.

Be well.