Subject: [Leica] Manhattan Harbor
From: frank.dernie at btinternet.com (FRANK DERNIE)
Date: Mon, 14 Mar 2011 20:04:03 +0000 (GMT)

Many years ago I saw a summary comparison of what the writer referred to as
white collar crime v blue collar crime.
I do not remember the precise detail but the comparison was something like
90+%
of prison inmates were blue collar criminals who had stolen relatively small
amounts of money in "conventional" robberies. Only a tiny number of white
collar
criminals were in prison despite having stolen hundreds or thousands more
per
individual crime...

The bankers were not as well educated or clever as they thought. Lending the
same money more than once, which is effectively what selling a loan to
someone
else then lending the money agin is, is the financial equivalent of a
perpetual
motion machine. Anybody who thought it could work was stupid, illogical
and/or
ill-educated. The fact that bankers have fancy qualifications means nothing
me. I have worked with PhDs who were useless, and I wouldn't pay in brass
washers, and people who have not been to university who are clever
industrious
and logically minded.
Frank