Subject: [Leica] Manhattan Harbor
From: Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie)
Date: Tue, 15 Mar 2011 09:33:19 +0000

Being stupid, incompetent and/or greedy isn't illegal. The removal of the
financial controls put in place after the crash last century was all these
things too.
I stick to my conjecture of stupidity. I -do- think it was calculated greed,
and I do think they knew it would allow them to accumulate cash faster but I
also think they were either insufficiently well educated, or insufficiently
clever to think through what they were doing adequately.
It seems nobody who was involved, in banks or government, had a sufficiently
logical scientific mind.
IMHO
FD