Subject: [Leica] visoflex II
From: dennis at hale-pohaku.com (Dennis)
Date: Fri, 18 Mar 2011 15:42:41 -1000

I think your viso has what is usually called a beam splitter. Instead of
a mirror that swings up there is a prism assembly in the light path that
splits part of the light up to the ground glass and the rest of the
light continues back to the focal plane.

AFAIK all of these were custom made by camera repair shops although it's
possible that Leitz made some too. I don't think there are any
catalogues showing them.

Cheers
-Dennis