Subject: [Leica] visoflex
From: aghalidebw at gmail.com (Edward Meyers)
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2011 07:36:54 -0400

Dennis,

The visoflex I had 30 years ago, was more of a filter. If I remember
correctly it sent 30 % of the light towards the film and the rest towards
the viewing screen. I believe, years ago, Marty Forscher constructed this
product. However, I also believe that Leica USA made some. I had mine
constructed for a reason that I don't remember. The one that I recently
bought is similar to Marty Forscher's. Marty Forscher was a dear friend of
mine. He often found jobs for photographers who checked in on Marty's
bulletin board on 37th or 36th street.

I was one of the few people permitted to visit Marty on the other side of
the counter. More about Marty another time.

Ed Meyers

Replies: Reply from dennis at hale-pohaku.com (Dennis) ([Leica] visoflex)