Subject: [Leica] My M8 is going back for service....
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 22:33:49 -0700

Nothing is in focus... ruler or not... fence or not.....  This is an result
of focus plane in front of or behind the sensor....

1) there is only a point that the sharpness appears, but nowhere else...
2) the sharp film plane is in front of or behind the place you THINK it
should be....
3) sensor glass is messing up the image.. or FW is messing up the image....
Most likely on this camera....

Personally my  money is on the sensor that is not perpendicular to the lens
axis... this would make only a single POINT in focus, which I might
miss.....
Or
A problem with the FW or some chip that is acting up making the FW not work
correctly.

Maybe I will find out the answer, maybe I will not.

However, if they need to replace my sensor board, maybe I will receive one
of those really rare FF sensor upgrades that we were  promised some years
ago....
Maybe not.

Frank Filippone
Red735i at earthlink.net

- the sensor is not parallel to the virtual film plane
- the sensor is not on the virtual film plane
- the sensor glass is messing up the light somehow

Replies: Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] My M8 is going back for service....)
Message from ken at iisaka.com (Ken Iisaka) ([Leica] My M8 is going back for service....)
Message from red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone) ([Leica] My M8 is going back for service....)
Message from ken at iisaka.com (Ken Iisaka) ([Leica] My M8 is going back for service....)