Subject: [Leica] Fuji X100
From: henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff)
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2011 13:34:21 -0700

Since I haven't had a production X100 in my hands, my comments are
only hearsay from others who have used the camera. The main thing I
hear about the camera that I don't like is that there is no good/easy
way to manually focus the camera. The UI in general seems to need
some tweaking. File quality seems to be very good and up there with
the best of the APS-C cameras, but that is hardly going to sway me
from an M9, and probably not from an M8 either. The X100 is just the
most appealing of the large sensor fixed lens cameras to date, but
that is enough to engender a lot of interest.

W.r.t. the M9/M8 processing; the M9 feels somewhat faster than the
M8. Firmware improvements have made definite differences and of
course it has double the processing power compared with the M8. I
would still like the camera not to be buffer limited, especially
since it can't do 5fps anyway. I only use it in single shot mode, but
I would like to be able to keep on shooting indefinitely as fast as I
want in that mode. Seems like a reasonable request to me.

--

       Henning J. Wulff
  Wulff Photography & Design
mailto:henningw at archiphoto.com