Subject: [Leica] Fuji X100
From: cummer at netvigator.com (H&ECummer)
Date: Fri, 8 Apr 2011 10:06:49 +0800

> Date: Thu, 7 Apr 2011 22:17:25 +0200
> From: Nathan Wajsman <photo at frozenlight.eu>
> Subject: Re: [Leica] Fuji X100
> To: Leica Users Group <lug at leica-users.org>
>
> I was thinking the same thing, except that mine is an M8--what does
> the Fuji have that my M8 with a 35mm Summicron does not?
>
> Possibly it is more reliable...
>
> Cheers,
> Nathan

Hi Nathan,
Is that a troll I see before me?? :-)
The reason I didn't upgrade my M8 to an M9 (beyond price) was that
when I used the M9 for two days in Seattle two years ago at the LHSA I
couldn't believe how slow the processing was. The reason of course was
that they used the same processing chips as in the M8 while the M9 was
processing about 50% more info in each picture.
When I asked about it the Leica rep said that they didn't want to
change too much circuitry in the M9 to avoid reliability issues.
 From Henning I understand that the X100 is also a slow processor. If
true then that would be a deal breaker for me.
So I am waiting to see what the M10 brings and in the meantime staying
with my M8 - which took me three tries to get a reliable one.
Cheers
Howard

Replies: Reply from henningw at archiphoto.com (Henning Wulff) ([Leica] Fuji X100)