Subject: [Leica] OT: Technical Question- Panning vs WA Lens
From: rgacpa at yahoo.com (Bob Adler)
Date: Mon, 18 Apr 2011 19:54:55 -0700 (PDT)

Thanks to all who have given thought to this question. Sorry to have been
missing from the thread; lots of other work this afternoon.

As the Esteemed Dr. Ted would say, and as Henning implies, stop talking and
go
shoot! ;-)

So that I will. I will go out this weekend, after I get the rail to adjust
for
the nodal point, and take some images panned with the 80 and with the 40.
Then
we'll see the differences (I will post).

Also, in answer to Herb's good question, Photoshop and other programs do
seem to
accommodate for the lack of perfect flatness.

The Arcatech GP bullheads both (the "s" and non-"s") have a 25lb capacity. I
have no hesitation using it with the Hassy.

So thanks again everyone. I'll share the results.
Best,
Bob

PS - My guess is that I'll get up there having tried to plan this whole
weight/flexibility thing out and, after the first day of hiking with the
Hassy,
I'll end up taking only the Lumix with me the rest of the time. I can hear
Tina
chortling now...

 Bob Adler
Palo Alto, CA