Subject: [Leica] Leica Japan stories
From: sonc.hegr at gmail.com (Sonny Carter)
Date: Sat, 23 Apr 2011 23:49:11 -0500

On Sat, Apr 23, 2011 at 7:55 PM, EPL <manolito at videotron.ca> wrote:
> It's all about communication.
>
> Why go into a Japanese Leica shop to ask if the salesman speaks English? Is
> that why you entered the store?

I would enter a Leica store to do business.  If I did not speak his
language, I would first see if he spoke mine, if not, I'd try German,
my next best, then Spanish, then French which I am hopelessly inept
at.

As far as Japanese goes, I can only order sushi, thank people and say
good-bye, none of which do much in business in a camera store.

> Why ask if he has a certain lens? Are you doing a stock survey?

I might ask for a certain lens because if it is not out in the
showcase, and I want to see it, that is how I normally get to see it
in a Leica dealership.

I think the clerk was a jerk.

--
Regards,