Subject: [Leica] Hot news! There is life in film yet.
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Wed, 18 May 2011 00:50:41 -0400

I do see a lot of paper being sold as in you walk into Adorama or Calumet
its the first thing you see.  At B&H you go up the stairs look to your right
up the platform and it goes on for a couple of hundred feet.
Tons of boxes printing paper. And printing cartridges. And portfolios to put
them in. I can't be the only one printing out there.
And on Thursdays I hit the galleries in Chelsea and a LOT of what I'm seeing
is inkjet and I'm not seeing too many iPads hanging on the walls.
Just in that area there are well over a hundred galleries which feature
photography most or all of the time. It is pretty much the center of the
photographic art world.
And the writing is on the wall with the prints.
Inkjet printing is the dominant printing form in color photography. And in
black and white it won't be long.
People who have left their darkrooms behind have no apologies to make. And
I'm one of them.

Mark

Mark William Rabiner
Photography