Subject: [Leica] New Leica M Stuff
From: photo.forrest at earthlink.net (Philip Forrest)
Date: Wed, 22 Jun 2011 01:18:31 -0400

On Tue, 21 Jun 2011 22:59:53 -0400
Mark Rabiner <mark at rabinergroup.com> wrote:

As far as  I go I need to figure out how to
> come upon seven or eight grand when the M9 gets to where I'd want it
> to be. I still have all my M glass and would much rather be  shooting
> with it.

> Mark William Rabiner

If you want to shoot a digital Leica, why don't you get one? They are
popping up used these days with warranties from Leica USA.
I mean, all this talk about how bad it is, yet how good Leica is, yet
you still use a Nikon that the sensor in the M8 can walk around. Yeah,
M8 and M9 are not good at ISO 64000 but then again, Tri-X never was
either. That's why you got fast Leica lenses and learned how to hold
still. The RF is inherently easier to hold still regardless because of
lack of blackout during exposure.
You should give yourself the chance to experience the digital RF, Mark
and see how it really works. Also give yourself the chance to
experience some true gems like the 35mm f/1.2 and other very
innovative glass from Cosina.
You're just cheating yourself by making excuses about how the company
you love is doing some things right but not others. Actually pick up
one of those cameras and find out for yourself.

Phil Forrest

Message from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] New Leica M Stuff)