Subject: [Leica] Which Lens to buy for $2500
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Wed, 29 Jun 2011 22:20:09 -0700

While the 35 Lux is indeed not as good wide open as the V3 or V4 Summicron,
when you run out of light, the extra F stop is invaluable.  At F2 they are
about even.....

The PreASPH Lux can NOT be 6 bit coded.....  My V3 35 Cron also can not be
coded.  The ASPH Cron CAN be coded.

But about those prices......  The V4 Cron is a bit over $1K, the Lux, about
a bit more,  and the ASPH Cron is around $2300-2500.

Basically, the older lenses are a Thousand Dollars cheaper.....

I agree with Geoff... if weight is not an issue, get the ASPH Cron.  If
weight is an issue, get the PreASPH Lux......

Frank Filippone
Red735i at earthlink.net

Not a pre asph summilux. Just not worth the money because it is hardly
usable at 1.4.

Message from hopsternew at gmail.com (Geoff Hopkinson) ([Leica] Which Lens to buy for $2500)
Message from michiel.fokkema at gmail.com (Michiel Fokkema) ([Leica] Which Lens to buy for $2500)