Subject: [Leica] OT - upgrading Windows XP data and system disks - a quick howto
From: red735i at earthlink.net (Frank Filippone)
Date: Thu, 28 Jul 2011 14:27:15 -0700

I wish to point out the problem in cloning......  you clone all the old
Windows baggage as well.... It is best to put on a new OS, from
Scratch....then your OS is brand spanking new and fast.....

The Downside:   it takes forever to also load on all the programs you
use..... and update them all....

Frank Filippone
Red735i at earthlink.net

Since the disk is used to boot the system, you can't just copy the files
over in the same way as I described above.  The disk needs to be 'cloned'.

Replies: Reply from jhnichols at lighttube.net (Jim Nichols) ([Leica] OT - upgrading Windows XP data and system disks - aquick howto)