Subject: [Leica] Noctilux versions
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 15:00:52 -0400

>From all accounts this was strictly an outer mechanical upgrade with no
tweaks to the glass itself. If I had to do it again I'd get the one without
the built in shade. Its design is a little rough. Flimsy and in the way
which his evident at first fondle.  It descends when you want it extended
and extends when you want it collapsed.  Some have opted to have it removed
with the jaws of life.
They are doing better with shades now.
With no shade you'd have the option of playing around with other perhaps
smaller shades from other sources and see which one may be more to ones
liking. 60mm if I recall. And you can just use as Ted does, no shade.

--
Mark R.