Subject: [Leica] Noctilux versions AND LENS SHADES !!!! :-)
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 18:31:32 -0400

I always have a camera with me now most my life its been less than 50 50.
Ted gets most the credit for warping my mind in that direction. A terrible
influence on me!
Now that I am a camera with me at all times guy I use lens hoods less.
I do a ton more street shooting and I tend to shoot at night as that's when
I'm awake. And my lenes seen to not have their shades on them now. There are
all in a cabinet.
Wow a decade ago when I'd see a guy with no lens shade I'd have to hold
myself back from confronting them and telling them of the waywardness of
their ways. - uv filter and no shade my head would explode.
But now I am the sum of all my fears. A shade less shady character.

I feel now that a lens shade makes for a lens which people want pointed at
them less. A shade I feel as if its like you our pointing the thing right at
them. It makes it seem more directional. I do feel more conspicuous with a
larger foot print of a lens with the shade. So that and the need I feel now
for compactness I almost never have a shade on my lenes. And I'm shooting
most the time at night anyway.. I like to pull my camera reel fast out of my
Domke bag to get a shot. A lens shade slows me down. And makes the camera
take up too much room in the bag. A lens shade seems like to much of a big
deal.
That's my State of my lens shade address.
--
Mark R.