Subject: [Leica] Noctilux versions AND LENS SHADES !!!! :-)
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Fri, 12 Aug 2011 19:07:35 -0500

On Aug 12, 2011, at 5:31 PM, Mark Rabiner <mark at rabinergroup.com> wrote:

> I always have a eacamera with me now most my life its been less than 50 50.
> Ted gets most the credit for warping my mind in that direction. A terrible
> influence on me!
> Now that I am a camera with me at all times guy I use lens hoods less.
> I do a ton more street shooting and I tend to shoot at night as that's when
> I'm awake. And my lenes seen to not have their shades on them now.

I have had a camera either on my shoulder, or within arms reach to a maximum
of few steps away, since 1963.

l almost always have a shade on the lens; because it seems on the few
occasions I have not done so some light source, or bright area, has had an
adverse effect, how ever subtle, on the contrast (which I paid dearly to
achieve).

YMMV

George

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] Noctilux versions AND LENS SHADES !!!! :-))