Subject: [Leica] Now M9 in the mix
From: afirkin at afirkin.com (afirkin at afirkin.com)
Date: Sun, 14 Aug 2011 01:42:49 -0400

Peter asked about D700 V D7000 and M9. I covered the D7000 question I
think, probably in too much detail for some ;-)

I have now added in a couple of M9 images:

1. the M9 ff at 18mp

http://tinyurl.com/3mdh7ey

2. now the 'perfect' user size (about 12mp IMO). Here I have cropped to
that size. It allows me to frame and shoot very quickly. With my M8 I
always wanted to fill the frame so that I was using as many of the pixels
as I could. With the M9 I can be a bit loose -- RF framing works best this
way for me. Anyway you still get bucket loads of detail

http://tinyurl.com/3mwc2qc

3. now lets see if the CCD can match or surpass the D3s. The images are
not similar, but I've scaled the image back to be the same size as 1/4 of
the Nikons pixels ie 3mp and then I've interpolated up to 4mp as I did
with the previous examples. For me, this sort of result just rubs salt in
the wound of losing the R system. Like many of you I would love this
sensor, even with its limitations of noise in my DMR/R10. All it would
then need is all the scary technology and the images would truely 'kick
ass'.

http://tinyurl.com/4xgseql

Jaw dropping.

Alastair