Subject: [Leica] Occupy Anchorage
From: bensonga at gmail.com (Gary Benson)
Date: Sat, 22 Oct 2011 20:25:41 -0800

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/bensonga/_MG_0544+Young+Woman+at+Occupy+Anchorage+XL.jpg.html

I stopped by the Town Square Park today to check out the
"demonstration".  It's a very low key affair, with only a few dozen
people in the park.  Took my Leica R8 (loaded with Acros 100 and
sporting the 50mm Summicron) and Canon 5D (with the 24-70 f2.8L)
along. This young woman had a very nice smile.  Hopefully, I got some
good B&W images with the R8.

My friend was testing out a Leica M9.  I had a chance to try it out
briefly.  For a guy who has never owned a rangefinder camera (me), it
would take some getting used to, for sure.  Frankly, I much preferred
the viewfinder and operation of my Leica R8.....ahhhh, if it was only
a digital R10!

Re the whole rangefinder experience, I'll find out if this is
something I can get used to soon enough.  I ordered a Mamiya 7II and
80mm lens last week, which will arrive here in Anchorage on Monday.  I
really do like shooting with medium format film (presently also
shooting with a Pentax 67II, Pentax 645NII, Mamiya TLR and Mamiya RZ67
Pro II).  The Mamiya 7II will be the lightest camera and I may keep it
to a one lens kit, at least initially.

Anyone here shooting with a Mamiya 6 or 7?

Gary Benson
Eagle River, Alaska

Replies: Reply from Frank.Dernie at btinternet.com (Frank Dernie) ([Leica] Occupy Anchorage)
Reply from lluisripollquerol at gmail.com (Lluis Ripoll) ([Leica] Occupy Anchorage)