Subject: [Leica] Alaska Black Spruce
From: bensonga at gmail.com (Gary Benson)
Date: Sun, 27 Nov 2011 22:06:55 -0900

I received a Panasonic GH2 recently and put my 50mm Summicron-R on it
yesterday.....here's one of the first images.  I'm happy with both the
GH2 and the Leica R lenses.

http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/bensonga/Black+Spruce+and+Snow+Leica+50mm+XL.jpg.html

These are Black Spruce trees, very common in this part of Alaska.
Because of the poor soils or underlying permafrost, they are generally
very spindly trees.
It's been cold and snowy here in Alaska this November.  I think it was
about 5 degrees Fahrenheit when I stepped out of the car to take this
photo.

Gary Benson
Eagle River, Alaska