Subject: [Leica] A Sobering Story from the Photo Expo
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Thu, 27 Oct 2011 22:23:45 -0400

Perhaps "film" has gotten to be one of those words.
You go to a film. A movie. And there was never any film.
Yet I think the term will stick.
A guy I had lunch with last week is a film maker  who makes films.
Shoots video. Nobodies wanting their monody back.
So its on the indie level as well as main stream Hollywood.
A film is a film.
Some are shot with video.
The same may continues to be the case with stills.

 one thing we do know. If they change their name to Fujisensor they may was
well chuck it. And if they just call it Fuji people will be lining up for
bottled water. Whose going to buy water in square bottles?

--
Mark R.