Subject: [Leica] IMG: Favorite Game
From: pklein at threshinc.com (Peter Klein)
Date: Mon, 31 Oct 2011 11:27:52 -0700

Not a masterpiece, but all I had time for this week. Miss Tilly wanted
attention and would not let me read my email, so I figured I ought to get
something out of the deal.

<http://www.flickr.com/photos/24844563 at N04/6297055951/in/photostream>
Panasonic G1 and 20/1.7.

Technical question:  This shot was exposed adequately. But most of the
pictures I took of our little ball game were underexposed, some by more
than 2 stops. The scene contrast wasn't that great. I've seen this before.
The 20/1.7 has a tendency to underexpose in low tungsten light, and I've
read numerous reports of it happening with several Panny and Olympus micro
4/3 models. Does anybody know how to set the camera so this doesn't happen
(short of full manual)?  I think I once read that evaluative metering
didn't work in low light with the 20/1.7, but I was using center-weighted
here.

--Peter

Replies: Reply from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] IMG: Favorite Game)