Subject: [Leica] IMG: Yosemite critters - Spooky??
From: leica_r8 at hotmail.com (Aram Langhans)
Date: Fri, 11 Nov 2011 08:47:55 -0800

Nope.  Wasn't me, but that is a good suggestion.  Looks like you were back
at Tunnel View for the sunset.  We remained at Glacier Point in the cold.
Does get nippy at that altitude.  Usually not a problem, but we had just
spend the pervious month camping from DC to New Orleans then in Sun City, CA
with my father-in-law and it was hot most of those places, so not
acclimatized.

In another post you were looking for a lighter tripod.  I have the Gitzo
GT1541 with a Really Right Stuff head, the small one.  It is pretty darn
stable with my Nikon D7000.  And nice and light.  The 2 series would be
sturdier, but heavier, and I haul that thing all over.  Last June to Nevada
Falls.  Bought my father-in-law a carbon Induro (I think the CT213) and it
seems to be very nice, for about half the price.

I see Doug says NO on the wolf, but it sure did not look like any coyote I
have ever seen.  More like my sister-in-law's husky, but not.

Aram