Subject: [Leica] Program to erase a HDD
From: spencer at aotera.org (Spencer Cheng)
Date: Wed, 23 Nov 2011 19:53:41 -0500

There should be disk erase program on Windows which will zero out every byte
on the HDD. Mac OS X built-in disk utility can erase every bit. Runs pretty
slowly on larger disks.

Unless you have some data which one of the TLA (NSA, GCHQ, CSE,..) agencies
really want, something like the above should be good enough. :) If the TLA's
wants your data, nothing you can do will prevent them from getting a copy.

Regards,
Spencer

Replies: Reply from kcarney1 at cox.net (Ken Carney) ([Leica] Program to erase a HDD)