Subject: [Leica] Infinity Focus off on 50 Summicron
From: csaganich at gmail.com (Chris Saganich)
Date: Sun, 4 Dec 2011 16:02:20 -0500
References: <CAN4TZQ6XEY+KQ3YZ8XJKzGv0j7ZjuRhgPnZtZjN_a_qEnzyOrA@mail.gmail.com> <BLU162-W242C75BBD314B0287FB5938CB60@phx.gbl> <015301ccb133$dba342e0$92e9c8a0$@earthlink.net> <BLU0-SMTP27529BCA49128C437003198CB60@phx.gbl> <CAN4TZQ53frsSiEriZVEjd-fgGkFqf1j9NDWtRXqTwaVpxLNFgA@mail.gmail.com> <CAN4TZQ6-9b4XoskavUT=_4OXs6v5KCV=174MAyOesj-rxpXoGw@mail.gmail.com> <20111204002238.4a4b7111@linux-pfy5.site> <CAN4TZQ46JQFK5UGy7mBeA5Y6jRfZZja+gw1R+VXMXofFcsYP2A@mail.gmail.com>

It even gets stranger.  I took a DR and offending Summicron to shot some
infinity.  I noticed that when I mounted the summicron infinity was short
but it changed in the RF patch; the left side of the patch was fine, the
middle was short, and the right side was worse.  This did not occur when
the the DR was mounted.   The reason I could tell this was because I was
shooting a large radio antenna atop a residential building against the sky
so the degree of change in the patch was obvious compared to a more
complicated scene.

I also noticed that the lens was professionally coded for digital, not one
of those home kits.  I wonder if Leica changes the mount on these lenses??
I'll see the results when I develop the film.  Stay tuned.

Chris

--
Chris Saganich
www.imagebrooklyn.com