Subject: [Leica] The Mexican Suitcase
From: lew1716 at gmail.com (Lew Schwartz)
Date: Tue, 6 Dec 2011 15:57:48 -0500

I think the great promise of the "Suitcase" images was the hope of finally
resolving the unsettling questions about Cappa's famous Spanish Soldier.
Those questions have now been answered to the detriment of the great
romance and promise of photo history, the publications involved, and
Cappa's personal mystique. That said, the images are just ok, imo, the good
stuff having been published long ago. Still, the show, which I saw at ICP,
gives a good sense of the chaotic and day-to-day lives of the
photojournalists covering the conflict for American publications.