Subject: [Leica] Help - anyone got a photo of the diopter correction lens on a Leicaflex SL2?
From: wildlightphoto at earthlink.net (Doug Herr)
Date: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 06:13:30 -0800 (GMT-08:00)

Vick Ko wrote:

>Does anyone have a photo of the diopter correction lens on a Leicaflex SL2?
>
>I got my BGN SL2 from keh.com yesterday, and was checking it out at night.
>
>The view through the viewfinder didn't seem as sharp as my R6.2.  I was
>wondering if there was a weak diopter lens on it.
>
>The needle and loop are sharp, the tiny numbers for shutter speed and
>f-stop slightly less than sharp (but could be my old eyes).

Since your R6.2 has built-in diopter correction I suspect that the SL2 has
none.  I typically use a +0.5 correction lens on the SL2.  A correction lens
is held in place with either a metal frame or a rubber eyecup on a metal
frame, which is removed by sliding upward.

Doug Herr
Birdman of Sacramento
http://www.wildlightphoto.com

Replies: Reply from vick.ko at sympatico.ca (Vick Ko) ([Leica] Help - anyone got a photo of the diopter correction lens on a Leicaflex SL2?)