Subject: [Leica] IMG: My Latest RF Combination
From: daniel at dlridings.se (Daniel Ridings)
Date: Sun, 18 Dec 2011 10:30:47 +0100

Alan,

I was visiting my mother in Western Springs ('burb of Chicago) about
two years ago and there was one sitting on the shelf of a local camera
shop. The shop was in La Grange (next, next trainstop closer to
Chicago). They had a lot of things you used to find in camera shops.
He knew what he had, but he knew film stuff wasn't going for as much
anymore, so it was reasonably priced.

I too got it for the 90 Elmar. A lot of people will think I'm nuts,
but I actually ran across a screw-mount 90 summicron that wasn't going
for much, but I didn't buy it. I know, I know, it's a rarity. But I
didn't need it. The monster makes little since on a smallish LTM body.

All things considered, though. I keep falling back on the M2. Hate
that film counter though. It's always getting knocked forward a count
or two.

Nice seeing so many familiar people. I bought my IIIf from a member of
the list. Always gives me peasure to get a shot I like with it. I
haven't gotten that many I like lately.

Maybe this one ...

http://dlridings.net/blog/?p=67

Text in Swedish, unfortunately. But I rarely have anything intelligent
to say about my photography, so no loss :-)

Daniel