Subject: [Leica] Six seconds hand held 12/19
From: philippe.amard at sfr.fr (philippe.amard at sfr.fr)
Date: Mon, 19 Dec 2011 19:55:55 +0100 (CET)

Rodin?

your shot takes some getting used to don't you worry Mark

thanks for posting when I procrastinate

Amiti?s
Philippe

Tous vos emails en 1 clic avec l'application SFR Mail sur iPhone et Android.

Message du : 19/12/2011 19:47
De : "Mark Rabiner " <mark at rabinergroup.com>
A : "Leica Users Group" <lug at leica-users.org>
Copie ? :
Sujet : Re: [Leica] Six seconds hand held 12/19

I think my take on the shot and the sculpture itself is just a bit higher
than that... falling off a toilet.
I have a print of this, a 5x7 which is in my stack of prints I carry around
with me most of the time in the back of my Domke bag I've had enough time to
decide what I think about it. And I think well of it. I've seen it through a
bunch of other peoples eyes as I show it around.  Also see it pop up on my
screen here intermittedly as a screen saver. It works for me. But I know
some people may use the "sliding off the toilet" line for this work of art
itself. I'd not agree. I've shot hundreds of shots of it in all times of the
day with every lens you can imagine over five years.  And there are very few
bad angles. I found its one of the most famous works of art for good reason.
And it gave me a higher respect for sculpture as an art form in general.
--
Mark R.