Subject: [Leica] "Developing" M8 DNG " Negatives
From: rgacpa at gmail.com (Robert Adler)
Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2011 09:07:02 -0800

Indeed, but I've always found PS/CS a bit lacking in the organizational
part (bridge) and it cannot create web pages (that I know of) which I use
extensively because they are so darned easy to create.

The combo or LR for organization, web pages and initial RAW processing
(pretty much the same as CS5 RAW processing), being able to create multiple
versions of the same image non-destructively and have them right there with
the original without thinking about it, plus Photoshop for final image
processing (sharpening, adjustment curves, etc.) is as good as it gets for
M (and other smaller sensor camera's) can't be beat. Capture One+LR+CS for
medium format is a great combo too. I haven't used C1 on 35mm and smaller
sensors, but many do.

So for John, as others have recommended and as I did in my initial post, LR
is most likely the best choice. He might want to start looking into CS
after that for some tricks LR can't do as well.

Best,
Bob

Replies: Reply from jbcollier at shaw.ca (John Collier) ([Leica] "Developing" M8 DNG " Negatives & photoshop-vs-lightroom)
Message from mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner) ([Leica] "Developing" M8 DNG " Negatives)