Subject: [Leica] photoshop-vs-lightroom
From: imagist3 at mac.com (George Lottermoser)
Date: Tue, 27 Dec 2011 12:38:22 -0600

On Dec 27, 2011, at 12:14 PM, tedgrant at shaw.ca wrote:

> I keep hearing LIGHTROOM folks say.... "The images are in there you just
> have to find them!" Well OK I have looked in every conceivable click on
> spot..... same thing, " beautiful grey coloured 35mm blank frames!"
> Another? "OFFLINE OR MISSING!" Yeah right, they sure as hell are missing!

> I can only offer...... "REALLY?" And where might I find them? I have found
> some in folders through the Photoshop system.. But hundreds of
> others??????????????? no where in site. If they were giving away the very
> best LR system for free I'd have doubts about taking it. Unfortunately
> when I read all the good & great stuff you fok are sayng about Light Room.

I have no idea how you store or import your files Ted.
So I cannot comment on where your image files may "be."

I copy all of my digital files to two external hard drives.
I then import from one those, and copy into Lightroom (or PhotoShop, or
FlexColor) as appropriate.
The two external archives are never affected (or lost - unless both those
drives fail).
Periodically I also back up the archive to a third drive.

I don't think one can backup ones original files too much.

Regards,
George Lottermoser
george at imagist.com
http://www.imagist.com