Subject: [Leica] a leica IIIf or IIIg body?
From: lluisripollquerol at gmail.com (Lluis Ripoll)
Date: Fri, 30 Dec 2011 00:23:40 +0100

Steve,

I have many e-mails to comment but I like your question, IIIF and IIIG
are similar but very different. I have a IIIF RD, this minds REd Dial
synchronized with flash. The IIIF is a lovely small body you can
easily have in your pocket with a collapsible Elmar 3.5/5cm or a
Summitar, parallax is not corrected in the VF.  IIIG is a more modern
camera with the actual speed scale speeds (1/30, 1/60, 1/125,
1/250 ... the IIIF is 1/25, 1/50, 1/100, 1/200, 1/500, 1/1000), the
IIIG was issued more or less at the same time the M3, it has parallax
correction and the viwfinde is bigger and more clear than in a IIIF,
also it has framelines for 50mm and 90 mm, the IIIG is bigger than the
IIIF.

I have not experience using M lenses or modern lenses in these M39
cameras, but the M39 offers a wide possibility to use many, many
lenses on theses bodies, Cooke Amotal, Zeiss, Angenieux, Steinheil,
Canon ... and many, many other (I recommed the book by James Marc
Small about this subject).

In any case yiu decide go for a IIIF or a IIIG I recomend a CLA by an
expert, mine was done by Malcolm Taylor in UK, who has still
completely replacement spare pieces for these cameras.

Both are really lovely cameras, in the case of the IIIF I recomend the
Leitz 5cm SBOO additional viewfindeer and it is a pleasure shot with it.

IMO a very good IIIF body could be about 500$ and a IIIG 1000$, what
I've do was buy a comesticallly perfect body and sand it to be
refurbished by Malcolm Taylor, this is cheaper and much more better
than buy a body that it will be very, very possible it need a CLA,
Leicashop in Vienna is a very good dealer.

amiti?s
Lluis

El 29/12/2011, a las 23:32, Steve Barbour escribi?: