Subject: [Leica] My first self-developed roll in 9 years
From: photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman)
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2012 20:02:14 +0100

I stopped developing my own film when I moved from Switzerland to the
Netherlands in 2003; in our Dutch house, there just was no good space for
it, and I had a good lab in Amsterdam. Since moving to Spain in 2007, I have
been using a lab in Barcelona by mail--they do good work, but it is not
cheap, and there is waiting time involved. So, during my recent visit with
Jim Shulman, he convinced me that doing my own development is the way to go,
even for a low-volume person like me. I bought the chemicals and a
developing tank with two spools from Foto Mayr in Germany, and today I had
the pleasure of developing my first roll in 9 years--a roll of Fuji Acros
6x9 (Texas Leica), all 8 images appear nicely exposed and correctly
developed.

Thanks for the inspiration, Jim!

Cheers,
Nathan