Absolutely a fail. I don't care about scanning 6x12 in one pass if it means
that I have to cut every 6x7 or 6x9 strip into single frames (or every-four
strip of 6x4.5 into twos) to fit a 6x12 aperture. That makes the negatives
an absolute bear for any further analog use. I thought the LS-8000/9000 were
obnoxious because I had to cut 6x12s into singles to fit a 6x18 hole (my
Sprintscan 120 can take a strip of *two* 6x12s). But the Pacific Image?

Also, read the reviews at BH.  As much as I'd love to believe it, Pacific
Image does not build heavy-duty items like the LS-8000 or 9000.  The Nikons
are expressly designed to stand up to commercial use, and that's described
in the manual sections that treat maintenance and cleaning.

Dante

NO ARCHIVE