Subject: [Leica] Hodge-podge album, comments appreciated
From: tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca)
Date: Sun, 8 Jan 2012 19:41:29 -0800

Greg Rubenstein SHOWED:

> Have posted some odd bits from this past year and a few, perhaps, from
> before.
>
> http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/gcr910/Miscellany+from+2011/
>
> One photo I've wrestled with for awhile is "Hong Kong Pedway." It's
> posted in color and black and white. Croppings vary slightly, I
> noticed; serves me right for changing glasses whilst working. The
> color vs. B&W are what I've grappled with. The cropping, too, glasses
> switch aside. Comments and critiquing appreciated. <<<

Hi Greg,

No question, B&W is the picture! The B&W image stands out stronger and
sharper appearing. And you don't have the great big blob of blue sign colour
distracting your attention from the overrall content!
 Quite frankly  like this photo far better in B&W simply because it appears
clean and simple and holds your attention .
cheers,
Dr. ted :-)

Replies: Reply from photo at frozenlight.eu (Nathan Wajsman) ([Leica] Hodge-podge album, comments appreciated)