Subject: [Leica] War Photographers
From: montoid at earthlink.net (Montie)
Date: Tue, 10 Jan 2012 10:54:25 -0500 (GMT-05:00)

Jayanand, thanks for posting this..."Lest we forget"

You have to admire the courage and dedication of this new breed of
civilian war photographers. Fortunately, as a career military photog,
my ventures into "Harms Way" in a combat camera role were few and far
between! Each time, however, I was heavily armed, and in the company
of extremely capable Marines and/or "Seals" who were dedicated to my
safety.

These civilian combat lensman (even the ones loosely assigned to
military units) are out there alone for the most part, and I "Tip
my hat" to these courageous guys and gals!!

Montie

>>What powerful stories. Ron Haviv definitely did some good though.

Replies: Reply from tedgrant at shaw.ca (tedgrant at shaw.ca) ([Leica] War Photographers)