Subject: [Leica] Anyone wants some XP2?
From: mark at rabinergroup.com (Mark Rabiner)
Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2012 03:10:22 -0500

I've used it extensively the reason being its far superior to tri x in any
way I can think of.
its ten times better for scanning and then putting in the digital workflo
and then getting results than Tri x.
Its grain is about 5 times better than tri x. and its sharpness is the same
depending on how well you unsharp mask it.
I will say for black and white or color I prefer some of the 800 films which
are full color neg as I believe more R&D has been put into it than Ilford
could afford to put into XP2 which was always a bit of a Nietzsche market.
In this day and age 400 feels a little slow like your shooting yourself in
the foot. As its results seem about the same as iso 100 did a decade or so
back.
I think of 400 for both film and digital as my high rez spread.
And I don't need high rez all that often.

--
Mark R.
http://gallery.leica-users.org/v/lugalrabs/winterdays/