Subject: [Leica] M9 tests
From: kanner at acm.org (Herbert Kanner)
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 17:41:46 -0800

Regarding the delay after you took seven shots: Are you using
compressed or uncompressed DNG? I raised the question some time ago
on the LUG and everyone who responded said they could detect no
difference between compressed and uncompressed results. By
compressing the DNGs, you cut in half the file size and therefore
speed up the camera's storing of the raw data. The respondents said
they compressed the DNGs for that reason, not to save disc space.

Herb