Subject: [Leica] Tips for monitor color calibration
From: kanner at acm.org (Herbert Kanner)
Date: Tue, 17 Jan 2012 17:53:08 -0800

I looked at the page to which you linked, and it looks like MUST
reading for me, although I have had no problems getting prints that
match my monitor screen. But it probably will answer a number of
questions that have been nagging at me.

However, I think some simple instructions can be given to Ryan.

1. Buy any one of the gadgets that will calibrate your monitor and
install a profile in the proper place in your computer. There are a
number of brands and I'd say the price range is from about $85 to
$150. I'm very happy with my $85 Spyder.

2. Make sure that your printer driver has a profile for the paper you
are using.
I have a cheap Epson printer and supplies profiles only for Epson
papers. I gather that the more professional printers have provision
for selecting profiles from a population of papers.

3. IMPORTANT: Whatever printer you are using, make certain NOT to
select "Printer does the color management."

Herb